Frequently Asked Questions
+ Who is Your Big Voice course for?
This course is perfect if any of the following sounds like you...
- You feel like your creatively frustrated or unexpressed
- You feel like you want to sing but are scared to be heard by others
- you love music and feel like there is music stuck inside you but don’t know how to get it out
- You’ve always dreamed of being the badass rockstar that you know you are but have been hiding it from others
- You gave up music to get a real job and now you want to reclaim it for yourself
- •you feel like music would be a powerful tool to integrate your gift and message to the world
- You sing in the car and shower but you’ve never felt good enough to sing in front of others
- Someone told you a long time ago that your voice sucks and you listened to them
- You feel like it’s dangerous or unsafe to be creative or speak out with your voice
- You play instruments and sing other peoples music but have never written your own songs
- You’ve always wanted to sing and write songs but needed a practical and easy way to learn how
+ Do I need any experience or prior knowledge on the subject before taking the course?
None, just a love for music
+ When does the Your Big Voice course begin?
+ How do I access the course?
You can enjoy this course anytime, anywhere, from any device. Our course is designed in both audio and video format so you can learn on the go, in the car, or while you work. Access to online courses will be made available once your registration has been processed. Each participant must have Internet access.
+ How long will I have access to the course materials?
Downloads of all course materials are lifetime access for you. You’ll have online access to your workshop for one year from the date you purchased it, so you can work at your own pace. You can also download many of the materials from the workshops.
+ What type of technology is involved? Do I need special hardware?
The workshops will be run using basic modes of communication.
- Sessions will be conducted with the Zoom Platform. This allows for viewing of presentations, interactive chat and a general meeting space.
- Audio is run through a conference call via Zoom.
- A computer with a reliable broadband internet connection.
- A phone line that is available for up to 2 hours at a time. Skype can be used instead of a phone line. Cell phones can also be used as long as the sound quality is good, but you will use up a lot of minutes.
- A headset is strongly recommended. Holding the phone up to your ear gets tiring and a headset will allow you to talk and type easily. Most headsets also have a mute switch, which is very handy for when you are listening to presentations.
+ What browsers and Operating system do I need to run for this to work properly?
The following are the supported browsers and Operating Systems for the media player to work properly: • Internet Explorer 10.0+ or Microsoft Edge 20.1+ for Windows 2000, 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 • Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux • Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux • Safari 5.0+ for Mac OSX 10.5 and above
+ Will the media player work on both a Mac and PC?
Yes, the online courses will play on both a Mac and PC. The following are the supported browsers and Operating Systems for the media player to work properly: • Internet Explorer 10.0+ or Microsoft Edge 20.1+ for Windows 2000, 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 • Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux • Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux • Safari 5.0+ for Mac OSX 10.5 and above
+ Do I have to attend all sessions?
You do not have to attend all sessions, however certain sessions may be required and will be indicated as such on the program page. Key sessions will be recorded and the files will be linked from the workshop program page. That said, it is important to arrange your schedule so you can participate fully. Especially in an online format, missing out on sessions can make you feel disconnected from the workshop experience.
+ Can I get a refund if I don't like the course?
We want your experience with YOUR BIG VOICE to be an enjoyable one. If you purchase an online workshop and don't like it for whatever reason, please stop within the first 30 minutes and contact our Customer Service Team to receive a full refund or credit equal to the dollar amount paid which may be applied toward any product we have to offer. You must contact us within the initial 30-day viewing period.
+ Can I complete the course over several days? How much time do I have to finish the course?
Yes, you can always press pause or stop to take a break at your own convenience. The player will not save the last viewed spot, so please make note if you close the workshop. Please remember you need to finish the course and pass your post course test within 30 days.
+ Do I need to be available or online at particular times?
The scheduled group calls are fixed to a schedule. Otherwise, you can work entirely at your own pace. That is a wonderful aspect of an online class. Students have commented that they find these classes in even better than in person classes, because there is no time pressure, you can choose when and for how long you want to work on something, and even have time to repeat the project and ask more questions.
+ Can I participate if I live outside of the US?
Absolutely. People from all over the world have taken our classes. It is wonderful to get all of your different perspectives on our shared craft from wherever you live. The online format makes these classes ideal for those who live in remote places with little access to workshops. As long as you have a good Internet connection, it will work for you!
+ What is the time commitment for the courses?
Participants are asked to commit 10 hours to the class, which works out to two and a half hours a week.
+ Who should I contact if I have questions about a course?
Any questions about YBV - email@example.com
+ Do I need to buy any additional resources or materials to participate?
No, access to the On Demand Web seminars, classroom videos, in-depth readings, and guided activities are provided at no additional charge.
+ Are there assignments?
Courses contain a number of activities and games to play. We encourage but don’t require peer-to-peer mentoring with the other course participants. Nearly all activities includes some element of choice and ownership--allowing you the opportunity to tailor the learning to your needs.
+ Not finding what you are looking for?
Send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your question!